Assume the highly successful orthopedic hand practice of the region's only hand surgeon and our senior expert, Dr. Steven Heithoff, who is in search of a successor to continue the exceptional hand care he provides in his established, high-volume practice prior to his retirement. This excellent opportunity will afford a thriving medical practice in hand surgery, the camaraderie of a strong team of orthopedic surgeons, physicians, and staff, as well as a rewarding career in the versatile environment of the Blue Water region.
Our six specialized orthopedic surgeons and two physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians are in search of a qualified surgeon to fill the position currently held by Dr. Steven Heithoff. We are seeking a board-certified or board-eligible, fellowship-trained hand surgeon who is dynamic, driven, and propelled by the desire to provide exceptional care focused on patient health and overall well-being.
Requirements and requests for this hand surgeon position include:
- Up-to-date job history and credentials
- License to practice medicine
- Thorough understanding of hand anatomy, pathology, and surgery as well as holistic orthopedic and medical aptitude
- Medical degree, doctorate in osteopathy, or equivalent from an accredited medical or osteopathic institution
- Completed residency training in orthopedic surgery from an accredited medical or osteopathic training hospital or health system
- Completed post-residency fellowship training in orthopedic surgery of the hand, hand and wrist surgery, hand and upper extremity surgery, or microvascular hand surgery
- Current board certification or board eligibility in orthopedic surgery
- Candidates for this position should also hold a commitment to optimizing surgery outcomes, overall patient health, and the patient-physician relationship—from consultation and evaluation to surgery and post-surgery follow-up care
About Our Practice
Founded in 1983, our well-established, physician-owned practice, Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron, is the most preferred and largest orthopedic specialty practice in the region. Located in the historic town of Port Huron, Michigan, our doctors and staff deliver the highest level of patient-centered care in our state-of-the-art facility with on-site ancillary services, including an ambulatory surgery center, MRI, DME, and physical therapy. Our private practice also has a collaborative, mutually beneficial relationship with area hospitals that puts patient health and care first.
Our surgeons and specialists, who are locally respected and serve as team doctors for area high schools and colleges, have fellowship or specialty training in the spine, foot and ankle, and hand, as well as sports medicine, adult reconstruction, and PM&R. Our surgeons have a regional reputation for excellence based on access, quality, and cost efficiency. From the clinic to the hospital environment, each day presents an opportunity to better the health of our community, and our doctors share the belief that their position as physicians and surgeons is more than a mere job; it is a duty and privilege to provide specialized care that keeps people moving.
While we understand the importance of building the practice of our surgeons and specialists, we also recognize the need to provide a work-life balance. Port Huron is a family-oriented city just an hour north of Detroit with one of the best public school systems in the state, plenty of extracurricular activities for adults and kids, waterfront access, and year-round outdoor activities. Port Huron affords everyone the opportunity to do what they love.
Learn More About Port Huron
- Located on the shore of the St. Clair River and the base of Lake Huron, Port Huron is at the center of Blue Water region and offers something for everyone
- Family-oriented community with excellent schooling options
- Countless outdoor activities, including access to beaches, boardwalks, boating, kayaking, and golf courses
- Dining, shopping, and entertainment options, including museums, a historical downtown, lighthouses, theaters, and festivals
- Easy access to Detroit and a major international airport
Submit your curriculum vitae or any questions to our Practice Administrator Carrie McLean via email at email@example.com, by fax (810) 985-3634, or call (810) 966-2504.