A native of Fort Worth, Texas, Dr. Doss is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in general orthopedics and sports medicine. He joined Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron in 1983.
After completing his bachelor of science in biology at Northeastern Missouri State University in Kirksville, Missouri, Dr. Doss received his doctor of osteopathy from Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kirksville, Missouri. He then completed both his internship and orthopedic surgery residency at the Normandy Osteopathic Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri. After completing his residency, Dr. Doss received post-graduate training in orthopedic surgery under Dr. Charles O. Townley in Port Huron, Michigan, and post-graduate training in hand surgery under Dr. Ed Burke and Dr. Eugene Horrell at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan.
Dr. Doss is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Doss enjoys being a gentleman farmer, which includes raising Texas Longhorn cattle, and serving as camp director at the Port Huron Area School District summer football camp.
- Northeastern Missouri State University, Kirksville, MO, 1974
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville, MO, 1978
- Orthopedic Surgery, Normandy Osteopathic Hospital, St. Louis, MO, 1979
- Orthopedic Surgery, Normandy Osteopathic Hospital, St. Louis, MO, 1983
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Sports Michigan
- Michigan Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- St. Clair County Osteopathic Association
- Blue Water Surgery Center
- Lakeshore Surgery Center
- Port Huron Hospital
- St. Joseph Mercy Hospital
- ACL reconstruction
- Arthritis care
- Arthroscopic procedures
- Carpal tunnel surgery
- ER trauma
- Fracture care
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Joint replacement surgery of the knee, hip, and shoulder
- Lower back care
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Neck care
- Rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder surgery
- Soft tissue care