As a native of St. Clair Shores, Dr. Kreis is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine. He joined Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron in 1976 and retired in 2013.
After completing his Bachelor of Science degree and medical degree at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Dr. Kreis completed both his internship and orthopedic residency at University of Michigan affiliated hospitals in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Dr. Kreis is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Kreis enjoys working with local charities that enable crippled children from Haiti to undergo orthopedic reconstruction surgery in the United States. He has also authored a series of books on his ancestry.
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1968
- University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 1972
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Michigan Affiliated Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI, 1973
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Michigan Affiliated Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI, 1976
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Michigan Orthopaedic Society
- University of Michigan Orthopedic Alumni Association
- Blue Water Surgery Center
- Lakeshore Surgery Center
- Port Huron Hospital
- St. Joseph Mercy Hospital
- Arthritis care
- Arthroscopic procedures
- Carpal tunnel surgery
- Fracture care
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Hand surgery
- Joint replacement surgery – knee, hip, shoulder
- ACL reconstruction
- Rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder surgery
- Sports medicine