The specialists at Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron offer patients insight into how varying MRI image quality as well as radiology services can affect health care and the diagnostic process. Choosing between the standard 1.5T and the more advanced, stronger 3T MRI scanner is an important healthcare decision. Experts at the practice say both scanners are safe and offer accurate imaging. However, 3T machines, like the one they offer as a $500 service for cash-pay and insured patients, are able to provide clearer, more detailed images and are ideal for orthopedic injuries and conditions. Patients in need of MRI services are encouraged to call Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron at (810) 985-4900 to see one of their specialty-trained providers at 940 River Centre Drive.
“Not all MRI scanners are the same, which is why choosing what MRI service to use can impact a patient’s health care,” says Rajesh B. Makim, M.D., F.A.A.O.S., sports medicine surgeon at Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron.
MRIs can vary in magnetic field strengths, with 0.5T being the weakest and 3.0T the strongest. Using a machine with a higher magnetic field strength provides exceptionally clear and detailed images with shorter scan times.
The on-site 3T MRI scanner services available at Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron offer patients the following benefits:
- Clear and detailed images ideal for the brain and vascular system as well as joint degeneration, tumors, fractures and other damage or disease.
- Convenience through consistent accessibility, faster scanning times and minimal wait times with convenient scheduling as opposed to high-volume traffic at the hospital.
- Highest-quality diagnostics through exam interpretation by Cleveland Clinic's board-certified, subspecialty-trained radiologists.
- 24-hour turnaround reports and STAT results available when requested.
- Outdoor view and comfortable surroundings, which can help put patients at ease.
- Highly affordable rate at a quarter of the cost of hospital MRI scans ($2,000 at the hospital and $500 with cash pay at the practice’s facility).
“Our 3T MRI scanner ensures accurate and detailed images of each patient’s condition, and the certified technologists providing expert care have more than 50 years of combined experience,” says Dr. Scott Heithoff, orthopedic surgeon at Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron. “Additionally, the radiologists interpreting these exams are nationally recognized imaging experts in their respective fields.”