The surgeons at Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron have recently been trained on a new treatment option for hip pain, MAKOplasty® total hip replacement.
MAKOplasty® is an innovative solution for people suffering from hip pain that need total hip replacement. During this procedure, the surgeons at Orthopedic Associates of Port Huronuse the RIO® Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System to help position the hip implant. This allows the surgeons to review real-time information and images for a more accurate placement, which can be difficult to achieve when using traditional surgical techniques.
If you have one or more of the following symptoms, you may be a good candidate for the MAKOplasty® total hip procedure:
- Limping to reduce the weight-bearing stress on the hip
- Hip pain or stiffness while walking or participating in activities
- Failure to respond to conservative treatments
"When a good candidate is identified, the RIO® system helps plan the surgery based on the unique anatomy of the individual patient," explains Scott M. Heithoff, D.O., joint replacement specialist at Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron.
MAKOplasty® total hip replacement benefits include the following:
- Precise implant placement
- Improvement in stability and mobility
- Decreased need for shoe lift
- Restoration of an active lifestyle
To consult with one of our doctors at Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron, please call (810) 985-4900 or click on the Appointment Request button.