Are You Ready for a Hip Replacement?
According to our joint replacement experts, you may be ready for a hip replacement if you’re experiencing the following:
- You have hip pain that keeps you awake at night
- The pain in your hip prevents you from participating in your favorite recreational activities
- You have stiffness in your hip that limits your ability to move or lift your leg
- You have attempted more conservative methods (i.e. exercise and/or drug therapy) without success
Signs you are NOT ready for a hip replacement include:
- Hip pain that does not limit your routine activities
- You have not attempted more conservative treatment options
- Your symptoms are improving with conservative treatments
Recommendations for hip replacement surgery depend on your individual needs and goals and an evaluation by a joint replacement surgeon that involves your medical history, a physical examination, X-rays, and other tests.
Our joint replacement surgeons at Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron specialize in joint replacement procedures, including total hip replacement. If you would like more information regarding hip pain or a total hip replacement, contact our doctors by calling (810) 292-3243 or schedule an appointment online.