Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron will assist to make area high school athletes safer by continuing their use of the state-of-the-art ImPACT concussion program. The practice and its sports medicine specialists, Dr. Todd Murphy and Dr.
Todd P. Murphy, M.D.
Sports Medicine & Shoulder Surgeon
A native of Port Huron, Dr. Murphy is an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine and shoulder surgery. He joined Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron in 2009.
After completing his Bachelor of Arts degree in biology at Albion College in Albion, Michigan, Dr. Murphy received his medical degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan. He then completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He then went on to complete advanced training in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic in Denver, Colorado. During his training in Denver, Dr. Murphy served as an assistant team physician for both the Denver Broncos and the Colorado Rockies. Dr. Murphy is the area's only fellowship-trained sports medicine surgeon.
Dr. Murphy is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is also an active member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, the Hawkins Shoulder Society, and the Mayo Clinic Orthopaedic Alumni Association.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Murphy enjoys spending time with his wife and two children. He also enjoys kite surfing, fishing, reading, skiing, and playing ice hockey.
Education & Training
- Albion College, Albion, MI, 1997
- Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, 2003
- Orthopedic Surgery, Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, MI, 2006
- Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 2008
- Sports Medicine, Steadman Hawkins Clinic, Denver, CO, 2009
- Assistant team physician for Denver Broncos and Colorado Rockies
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Elbow arthroscopy and open procedures
- Knee arthroscopy
- Total knee replacement
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Total shoulder replacement
- Fracture care
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Mayo Clinic Orthopaedic Alumni Association
- Blue Water Surgery Center
- Lakeshore Surgery Center
- McLaren Port Huron Hospital
“Dr. Murphy was great, caring, and kind.”
– Janice D.
Accepts all major forms of insurance. Please contact the office at (810) 985-4900 to verify your specific carrier.
Mako® Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology
Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology enables Dr. Todd Murphy to provide patients with a personalized surgical experience based on their specific anatomy and diagnosis. Mako promotes accuracy, enhances control, and spares any healthy bones, ligaments, or other tissues from being removed for a less painful and quicker recovery.
Board-certified orthopedic surgeon Dr. Murphy implements the most advanced procedures into his practice to address the specific needs of every patient. Using the Mako Robotic-Arm Technology and his vast experience in orthopedic medicine, he expertly performs innovative joint replacements.