Rajesh B. Makim, M.D., F.A.A.O.S., a board-certified orthopedic surgeon at Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron, is offering XIAFLEX injections as a nonsurgical treatment option for patients with Dupuytren’s contracture.
Rajesh B. Makim, M.D., F.A.A.O.S.
Sports Medicine Surgeon
A native of Birmingham, Michigan, Dr. Makim is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine. He is highly skilled at performing a wide array of advanced procedures, from cartilage repair and trigger finger release to total knee replacement using VISIONAIRE◊ technology. Dr. Makim joined Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron in 1999.
After completing his Bachelor of Science degree in cellular molecular biology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Dr. Makim received his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He then completed an internship and orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Michigan Health System in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Dr. Makim is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery for both General Orthopedics and the subspecialty of Sports Medicine.
When not seeing patients, Dr. Makim coaches travel soccer with Nationals St. Clair. He has been coaching soccer in the county for nearly 15 years. He serves as the team doctor for the club and has coached several talented teams over the years. His other interests include tennis, pottery, photography, scuba diving, traveling, and gardening.
Education & Training
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1990
- University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 1994
- General Surgery, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, 1995
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, 1999
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- General Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- Achilles tendon repair
- Ankle instability repair
- Bunion correction
- Carpal tunnel release
- Cartilage repair
- Fracture care
- Hip replacement
- Joint replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Knee replacement
- Meniscus surgery
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Stiffness problems
- Tennis elbow repair
- Trigger finger release
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American Orthopaedic Association
- Michigan Orthopaedic Society
- Michigan State Medical Society
- St. Clair County Medical Society
- Blue Water Surgery Center
- Lakeshore Surgery Center
- McLaren Port Huron Hospital
“Professional, personable and thorough Answered my questions in a way I could understand. ”
– Ralph B.