Local orthopedic surgeon Dr. Rajesh Makim of Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron will be speaking at the free Mako SmartRobotics seminar on Nov.
Rajesh B. Makim, M.D., F.A.A.O.S.
Sports Medicine Surgeon
A native of Birmingham, Michigan, Dr. Makim is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine. He is highly skilled at performing a wide array of advanced procedures, from cartilage repair and trigger finger release to total knee replacement using VISIONAIRE◊ technology. Dr. Makim joined Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron in 1999.
After completing his Bachelor of Science degree in cellular molecular biology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Dr. Makim received his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He then completed an internship and orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Michigan Health System in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Dr. Makim is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery for both General Orthopedics and the subspecialty of Sports Medicine.
When not seeing patients, Dr. Makim coaches travel soccer with Nationals St. Clair. He has been coaching soccer in the county for nearly 15 years. He serves as the team doctor for the club and has coached several talented teams over the years. His other interests include tennis, pottery, photography, scuba diving, traveling, and gardening.
Education & Training
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1990
- University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 1994
- General Surgery, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, 1995
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, 1999
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- General Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- Achilles tendon repair
- Ankle instability repair
- Carpal tunnel release
- Non-surgical dupuytren's treatment
- Cartilage repair
- Fracture care
- Hip replacement
- Joint replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Knee replacement
- Meniscus surgery
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Stiffness problems
- Tennis elbow repair
- Trigger finger release
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American Orthopaedic Association
- Michigan Orthopaedic Society
- Michigan State Medical Society
- St. Clair County Medical Society
- Blue Water Surgery Center
- Lakeshore Surgery Center
- McLaren Port Huron Hospital
“Professional, personable and thorough Answered my questions in a way I could understand. ”
– Ralph B.
Mako® Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology
Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology enables Dr. Rajesh Makim to provide patients with a personalized surgical experience based on their specific anatomy and diagnosis. Mako promotes accuracy, enhances control, and spares any healthy bones, ligaments, or other tissues from being removed for a less painful and quicker recovery.
Board-certified orthopedic surgeon Dr. Makim expertly performs the latest and most advanced procedures, including Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted joint replacements. He makes it a priority to help every joint patient return to their healthy lifestyle quickly, safely, and functional.