At Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron, we have an on-site 3T MRI scanner, which is ideal for musculoskeletal scans.
MRI, which stands for Magnetic Resonance Imaging, is a key tool for physicians to look for and diagnose injuries that can’t be identified otherwise. Physicians recommend MRI scans for patients to look for joint degeneration, tumors, fractures, and other damage or disease.
However, not all MRI scanners are the same. They can vary in magnet field strengths, with 0.5T being the weakest and 3.0T the strongest. The standard MRI scanner in the United States is the 1.5T MRI but using a machine with a higher magnetic field strength provides exceptionally clear and detailed images faster.
Our 3T MRI scanner ensures accurate and detailed images of your condition, and the certified technologists providing expert care have more than 50 years of combined experience. We also have an outdoor view and comfortable surroundings, which can help put you at ease.
All MRI exams performed at Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron are interpreted by radiologists at the Cleveland Clinic, where each of the radiologists is board-certified and have advanced subspecialty training. This means that the physicians interpreting your exams are nationally recognized imaging experts in their respective fields!
What Makes Us Different?
- Use of a 3T MRI scanner, which:
- Provides clear and detailed images
- Has faster scanning times
- Is ideal for musculoskeletal injuries and conditions
- All exams are interpreted by Cleveland Clinic's board-certified, subspecialty-trained radiologists for the highest quality diagnostics.
- Reports are available within 24 hours, with STAT results available when requested.
- Minimal wait times with convenient scheduling as opposed to high volume traffic at the hospital.
- Highly affordable rate at a quarter of the cost of hospital MRI scans ($2,000 at the hospital and $500 with cash pay at our facility).