Your MRI matters. Don’t compromise on quality care.
When it comes to getting the right diagnosis for your orthopedic injury or condition, you don’t want to compromise on the quality of your MRI. And you shouldn’t have to—your health is too important.
That’s why at Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron, we believe our patients deserve the highest quality of orthopedic care possible, and we strive to provide them with exceptional MRI services at an affordable rate. From the advanced technology we use to the nationally recognized experts we have reading the scans, our focus is always on the quality of our patients’ care.
This dedication to quality is why we chose to equip our team with an advanced 3T MRI scanner. Not only is this scanner ideal for orthopedic injuries and conditions, but it also provides exceptionally clear and detailed images faster.
What is an MRI?
An MRI, which stands for magnetic resonance imaging, is a key tool our physicians use to diagnose injuries or conditions that can’t be identified otherwise. Our doctors and surgeons will recommend MRI scans for patients to look for joint degeneration, tumors, fractures, and other damage or diseases.
Are all MRI scanners the same?
No, not all MRI scanners are the same, which means not all MRI images are of the same quality. MRI scanners vary in magnetic field strengths, with 0.5T being the weakest and 3.0T the strongest. The scanners with the higher magnetic field strength provide higher-quality images that are clearer and more detailed. They are also able to do so faster, saving patients time.
Why doesn’t everyone use 3T MRI scanners?
The standard MRI scanner in the United States is the 1.5T MRI. However, we are dedicated to providing our patients with access to the best, which is why we chose to use a more advanced, higher-quality MRI scanner. That way, our patients’ imaging is exceptionally clear and detailed, and radiologists are able to make accurate interpretations.
Who reads the MRI scans?
While our 3T MRI scanner ensures accurate and detailed images of your orthopedic injury or condition, our dedication to quality doesn’t stop there. All of our MRI scans are interpreted by the board-certified, nationally recognized radiologists at the Cleveland Clinic, who are experts in their respective fields and have undergone advanced subspecialty training.
What makes us different?
When you choose to have your MRI at Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron, you are choosing to have:
- An advanced 3T MRI scanner provide high-quality, clear, and detailed images
- Your exam interpreted by Cleveland Clinic's board-certified, subspecialty-trained radiologists for the highest-quality diagnostics
- Reports that are available within 24 hours, with STAT results available when requested
- Minimal wait times with convenient scheduling as opposed to high-volume traffic at the hospital
- A highly affordable rate at $500 for cash-pay and insured patients, which is a quarter of the cost of hospital MRI scans that average $2,000
- An outdoor view and comfortable surroundings to help put you at ease
- Certified technologists with more than 50 years of combined experience provide expert care