A native of Detroit, Michigan, Dr. Murphy is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine. He joined Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron in 2009.
After completing his bachelor of arts in biology at Albion College in Albion, Michigan, Dr. Murphy received his medical degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan. He then completed orthopedic surgery residencies at the Detroit Medical Center in Detroit, Michigan, and Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education in Rochester, Minnesota. Dr. Murphy received advanced fellowship training in sports medicine at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic in Denver, Colorado.
Dr. Murphy is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Murphy enjoys windsurfing, fishing, reading, skiing, and playing ice hockey.
- Albion College, Albion, MI, 1997
- Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, 2003
- Orthopedic Surgery, Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, MI, 2006
- Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Rochester, MN, 2008
- Sports Medicine, Steadman Hawkins Clinic, Denver, CO, 2009
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Mayo Clinic Orthopaedic Alumni Association
- Blue Water Surgery Center
- Lakeshore Surgery Center
- Port Huron Hospital
- St. Joseph Mercy Hospital
- Elbow arthroscopy and open procedures
- Foot and ankle
- Knee arthroscopy and arthroplasty
- Shoulder arthroscopy and arthroplasty